I cook Mediterranean cuisine. Food made with flavor and love. I truly cook because of my passion for creating delicious dishes. Not only Mediterranean, but always with a lot of flavor and a personal twist.
Every event starts with understanding what your needs are – who your guests are, what the occasion is, and how can we create the perfect food for you.
Ba-Li Cravings uses the highest quality products, most dishes are based on a wide variety of fresh produce, locally sourced when possible, and the best flavor combinations. We cook and bake from scratch – breads come right out of the oven, hummus made from soaked chickpeas, chocolate truffles rolled by hand, and everything made fresh for you. Never pre-frozen or pre-baked or just heated.
What is important to know is that I LOVE challenges! Remember a childhood recipe you crave? Can not eat dairy or gluten or just want to try something new, you are at the right place. I prepare many gluten-free and many dairy free options as well as both. I also prepare Kosher meals, can cater for your event at your local Temple, work out of your Temple kitchen as well as cater your Bar Mitzvah/Bat Mitzvah or Oneg event.
Every meal comes with a variety of main courses, salads, side dishes, fresh baked breads and delicious, indulgent desserts.
I had the pleasure of working with Tal Cohen to produce an event for my company, Think Topography. Tal and I met several weeks in advance to develop a menu that fit with the evening’s schedule and honored my wishes for a vegan and gluten free menu. As the evening approached, she was in communication with me about her progress and when the evening finally arrived, the results were beyond my greatest expectations! My guests were delighted and I couldn’t have been happier with my experience. I sincerely recommend Tal’s catering services and can’t wait to work with her again!-Greg Kops, CEO, Think Topography
To get a taste of what we create, here are some examples……remember many can be made without Gluten and or Dairy…….
- Oven roasted root vegetables and baby potatoes in rosemary, oregano, olive oil and sea salt
- Mujaddara- fragrant rice with black lentils, topped with sautéed onions
- Green beans in spicy tomato sauce
- Basmati rice with dried fruit and fragrant mix of cardamom, cloves and cinnamon
- Imam Biladi – roasted eggplants with fresh crushed tomatoes and herbs in tahini dressing
- Orange Cinnamon Carrot salad with apples and raisins (optionally Almonds)
- Beet and Apple salad with celery and goat cheese
- Israeli Salad – – a mix of greens, cucumbers and tomatoes in a lemony dressing of olive oil, mint and cilantro
- Red and green cabbage salad with green apple, pecans and golden raisins in lemon and dates dressing
- Tahini – smooth cream of sesame with lemon and olive oil
- Labaneh- Mediterranean style strained cheese with olive oil and za’atar
- Tabuleh – finely chopped fresh greens and vegetables with bulgur, herbs, lemon and olive oil
- Tzatziki – Greek style strained yogurt with crisp cucumbers, garlic and Mediterranean herbs
- Baba-Ganoush – roasted eggplants and crushed tomatoes
- Egyptian style humus with cumin and lemon
- Humus meshausha – with whole chickpeas and spices
- Fresh Homemade Hummus with sautéed mushrooms and onions
- Fresh Homemade Hummus with spicy ground beef
- Fresh Homemade Hummus with fresh falafel – regular or green
- Fresh Homemade Hummus with traditional fava beans and Chaminados
- Vegetable Couscous – a traditional Moroccan dish of rich vegetable stew served over steamed couscous – optional to include chicken
- Vegetarian Moussaka –eggplants, tomatoes and herbs casserole with feta cheese
- Stuffed Zucchini boats with rice, nuts and herbs roasted in tomato sauce.
- Purple, white and green onion Quiche with olives and cheese
- Phyllo tarts filled with spinach, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese
- Shakshuka- a dish of eggs poached in spiced tomato, pepper and chili sauce
- Filled Phyllo dough with vegetable varieties and mixed cheeses
- Bourekas- Filled puff pastry with vegetables and cheeses, as well as with mushrooms and onions
Soups, just a few….
- Squash Soup with orange spice and coconut cream.
- Sunchoke and Potato Soup with caramelized shallots (seasonal)
- Chicken soup with/without Kneidalach
- Challah – Round sweet Challah, regular Challah and a variety of unique flavored Challah
- Variety of Flat Breads with various toppings – red peppers, onions, and more
- Cheese filled bread rolls with red peppers, olives, dried tomatoes and herbs
- Farina- Moroccan pebble-stone bread
- Crostini with a variety of toppings – cheeses, roasted vegetables and more.
- Pita breads
- Variety of Gluten Free and Vegan Breads
- Chocolate Mousse with fresh berries
- Cheesecakes with crumbs
- Pavlova – Vanilla cream with berry sauce and meringue
Small treats (most options are available Dairy Free and or Gluten Free)
- Indulgent Chocolate Truffles- optional dairy free
- Meringue kisses – colorful – gluten and dairy free
- Cream Filled Meringue – open Pavlova with berries and vanilla cream
- Cake pops – variety – chocolate filled, red velvet, cheese, vanilla more.
Baked Desserts (most options are available Dairy Free)
- Babkah cakes- filled with chocolate, cinnamon/sugar, nuts – can be dairy free
- Sweet Breads with raisins, dried cranberries, cinnamon or chocolate
- Variety of cookies
Bars (most options are available Dairy Free and or Gluten Free)
- Cheese bars
- Peanut butter bars
- Raspberry or berry bars
Pies (most options are available Dairy Free and or Gluten Free)
- Apple with cinnamon
- Raspberry or berry
- Tarte Tataine
- Linzer Torte
- Pecans and caramel
Cakes (most options are available Dairy Free and or Gluten Free)
- Variety of cheesecakes – non-baked, NY style with berries, Dulce De Leche, Chocolate etc.
- Variety of chocolate cakes
- Mousse cakes
- Vanilla/orange cakes
- Orange coconut cake
- Red velvet with cream cheese
- Sheet cakes
- Basbousa – traditional Egyptian semolina coconut cake
- Cream Bo-Li- cream filled chocolate balls – optional as gluten and dairy free.
- Tispisti – a sesame and almond cookie with spices
- Kadaif cakes and tarts
- Baigalach – a savory, bite size, crispy cookie
- Rougalach with a wide variety of fillings
- Turkish Delight cookies
- Maamul – a dates and nuts filled with cardamom, cinnamon and rose water
Specialty beverages that complement our Mediterranean cuisine are-
1. Mint Lemonade
2. Turkish Coffee
3. Moroccan Mint Tea